Tempel Changzhou Opens State-of-the-Art Automotive Focus Factory
Posted on: Wed, June 13, 2018
CHICAGO, IL, June 13, 2018 – Tempel Steel Co., a leading independent manufacturer of precision magnetic steel laminations for motors, generators and transformers, has announced a new dedicated state-of-the-art facility on the Tempel Changzhou campus that specializes in high technology, complex automotive laminations and motor cores. The approximately 30,000 square foot facility will be operational by Fall 2018.
Click here to see a video about the facility.
- All new world class production equipment with presses up to 400 tons
- Factory designed specifically for high volume, critical automotive lamination production with demanding quality requirements
- Temperature and humidity-controlled production environment to optimize product quality and manufacturing productivity
- Positive pressure environment with air filtration multiple times per hour to support technical cleanliness requirements
- Underground scrap conveyors to provide a more efficient production environment
- EV forklifts to stabilize technical cleanliness
Opening this new facility puts Tempel in a prime position to take advantage of the emerging xEV production demand in China. The brand new state-of-the-art stamping presses and a facility specially designed to maintain the technical cleanliness required to produce highly complicated and precise xEV laminations will help Tempel exceed customer expectations.
Media Contact: Kelletta Blackburn, Marketing Communications Manager